openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.9.7: build changes
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:14:45 GMT

On Mar 28, 2007, at 7:54 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> One thing that I would like to see happen prior to 0.9.7 is a
> change to
> the build artifacts so that we don't have '-project' or '-all' tacked
> onto the releases everywhere.

I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-194 for
this and assigned it to myself.

> Also, we might want to think about other bundlings, such as creating a
> single jar with all dependencies,

I'm not all that keen on merging other project's jars into a single
monolithic jar. I think people expect that component-oriented
software is going to have various required and optional dependencies.

I feel that monolithic jar bundling is more appropriate for an
application, rather than for a component.

> or a download that includes docs. What do you guys think?

The binary assembly is meant to include the docs (and did on past
releases). I notice that they are absent from recent snapshots,
though. I'll try to figure out why that is.