openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Hans J. Prueller" <hans.pruel...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: WARNING: Connection not closed by caller - messages producedbyOpenJPA?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:08:17 GMT
Am Mittwoch, den 28.03.2007, 12:43 -0700 schrieb Patrick Linskey:

> What happens if you set 'openjpa.TransactionMode' to 'managed' as
> well?

I will give it a try. Can you explicitly confirm that it shouldn't be a
multithreading problem where there are serveral entitymanagers
created in different JTA transactions running in parallel? e.g.

TX A starts
EM A created
A working
TX B starts
EM B created
A and B working
(this is where we currently get the errors)

> Also, are you closing your EMs at the end of the transaction?

not really. the problem is that we have serveral methods calling each
other - each of it creating its own EM at the beginning. (which
will be the same EM instance regarding to the lookup code we
implementend - see previous mail). So close() of a sub-method would
call the "outer"     methods EM too I guess?

Hans