openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: ArgumentException : More parameters were passed to execute() than were declared
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:32:08 GMT
Actually, I think there is a bigger problem...  Say I have a query
like this:

     SELECT x FROM foo AS x WHERE foo.name = ?2

The org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.assertParameters(...) code
assumes that if I have 1 parameter it is numbered ?1, but in EJB 2.1
this was not a requirement and there are certification tests that
verify you are allowed to have "unused" parameters (e.g, in my
example about ?1 and ?N where N>2 are all not used).  I couldn't find
any text in the specification that says that all all positional
parameters must be used in the query, but I did find text that say
the EJB-QL 3.0 language is an extension of the EJB-QL 2.1 language:

"The Java Persistence query language is an extension of the
Enterprise Java Beans query language, EJB QL, definedin[5]."

So I think we must remove the "extra-params" check, but I would be
happy with a "don't check for extra-params flag".

-dain