openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Roadmap for OpenJPA
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:54:59 GMT
Hi,

Now that OpenJPA is maturing into a well-rounded community with lots
of users as well as developers, I think it's time we start thinking
about formalizing a roadmap for the project.

Patrick did a great job in looking at all the JIRA issues and
proposing release numbers that the issues might fall into (thanks!)
but I think we need a bit more.

I'd like to see a single page "OpenJPA Roadmap" that we can publish
that represents more than a list of issues that we think need to be
fixed. It doesn't need to be completely detailed at this point, but I
think there is value in the process of putting it together.

If I don't get pushback, in the spirit of "do-ocracy" I'll put
together a straw proposal and see where it goes from here.

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PPMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo