openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Phill Moran" <pjmo...@rogers.com>
Subject RE: OPEN-JPA and Toplink 2.0.XX
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:23:39 GMT
This is exactly what happened and I added my own implementation when I tried to
test and got nothing. Well bye bye toplink

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM [mailto:Craig.Russell@Sun.COM]
Sent: March 25, 2007 10:04 PM
To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: OPEN-JPA and Toplink 2.0.XX

> On Mar 25, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Phill Moran wrote:
>
>> This is interesting thanks for the information. Firstly I thought
>> that one needed both toplink and JPA to make use of JPA in an
>> application. I  think I found this on the Glassfish site, can't
>> remember now. This is why I  posted this here.

Glassfish distributes TopLink Essentials bundled with the JPA spec jar, so you
might have unwittingly acquired TopLink Essentials along with the spec jar and
not unsurprisingly, figured that they were the same.

Since that experiment at the beginning of the official RI distribution of Java
EE 5, the JPA spec jar has been unbundled and is available separately from
TopLink Essentials. You are free to use any implementation of the spec that you
choose.

Craig

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PPMC