openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Hans J. Prueller" <hans.pruel...@gmx.net>
Subject openjpa performance copmared to toplink essentials
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:18:52 GMT
Hi together,

please allow me a simple question: I am currently preparing a "JPA" workshop
for a customer to show the developers

the new way of working with JPA persistence in Java EE 5. Just to show one
of the advantages of an open standard like JPA

I prepared the example to switch between OpenJPA and TopLink Essentials "on
the fly" just by changing the "provider"

setting in persistence.xml and keeping the sourcecode unchanged.

Basically this works fine but what I found out was that when querying for
objects with one-to-many relation and accessing

the Collection (e.g. person.getAccount()), TopLink is about ten times faster
then OpenJPA. Oracle 9 Database is used as

DB.

Did I miss any tuning parameters or something that could enhance OpenJPA
performance? I just can't imagine that there

are performance differences for simple "tutorial" application in that order
of magnitude!

regards,

HANS

virtually hanzz...