openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "catalina shaw" <>
Subject Re: extraneous joins OPENJPA-134
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:04:54 GMT
Regardless the ManyToOne is EAGER by default, when its
inverse relationship if
1. set to EAGER  (select a from a a;  a has the OneToManyRelation property)
2. set to LAZY but Eagerly Fetched by query (select ... from a a join fetch
a.OneToManyRelation )

We see unneeded joins being generated.

The issue is why generating the extraneous joins that can be optimized away.