openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Move JPA API dependency from dev.java.net to geronimo version
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 05:41:43 GMT

It turns out that the JPA API we've been building against (the one
from https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/repository/
javax.persistence/jars/persistence-api-1.0.jar) is not actually the
final version of the spec: there are some minor (and binary-
compatible) changes (some annotations don't have runtime retention,
for example), but they are enough to prevent us from passing all the
compatibility tests we need.

The Geronimo API jar (http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/
org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-jpa_3.0_spec/geronimo-
jpa_3.0_spec-1.0.jar) is compliant, as far as I can tell.

How do people feel about changing the dependency from persistence-
api-1.0.jar to geronimo-jpa_3.0_spec-1.0.jar? I've run through all
our tests, and they pass with the Geronimo version. This would have
the added advantage of unifying our spec jars to all be using the
Geronimo versions.

+1 indicates that you approve of the change
-1 indicated that you disagree that the change should be made