openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <>
Subject Re: Do mapped superclasses work at all in OpenJPA?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:57:24 GMT
>>> Sounds like an inefficient startup algorithm that we should fix.
>>> Issue #3?
> We might be parsing it multiple times, but for different reasons and
> with different parsers. Are you listing entities in an orm.xml and
> then
> pointing at that orm.xml / relying on the default location?

IIRC (and that's a fairly big "if"), the first "parse" is more of a
string scan looking for class names than a real XML parse, and is
done with a subclass of ClassArgParser.  This is one of those things
that made sense for the way the metadata system warmed up, then we
changed some stuff or the spec changed or both, and it no longer
makes much sense.  I had it on my list of things to redo, but it got
pushed off because it hadn't caused enough problems to justify the
by email and then delete it.

View raw message