openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r502751 - in /incubator/openjpa/trunk: openjpa-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/kernel/ openjpa-persistence-jdbc/src/test/java/org/apache/openjpa/persistence/simple/ openjpa-persistence/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/persistence/
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 03:47:16 GMT
> interesting.  I always did it the other way - use /* */ in code,
> and // for commenting out blocks :)

If you have an IDE that can prefix every line in a block with '//' to
comment it out, it will work regardless of comment style.  But for
non-IDE users, /**/ is the only efficient way to comment out blocks.

I agree with Patrick completely: let's stick to // comments in code,
both to stay consistent with the rest of the codebase and to
facilitate commenting out blocks.
by email and then delete it.