openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Entity name ignored in queries (0.9.6)?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:31:57 GMT
Excellent.  I added a watch for this issue and will try out the fix  
as soon it is available.

In the mean time, I changed my code generator to generate classes  
with the exact entity name I want :)

-dain

On Feb 13, 2007, at 12:01 AM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> Dain-
>
> I've reproduced this problem and reported it at:
>
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-142
>
> The only workaround is to add the @Entity(name="someAlias")  
> annotation to the class in addition to specifying it in the orm.xml  
> file.
>
>
>
> On Feb 12, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> I'm using 0.9.6 and it appears the OpenJPA is ignoring the entity  
>> name when processing queries.  In stead it seems to always choose  
>> the class name for the schema name of the bean.  For example, I  
>> have the following bean declared in my entity mappings:
>>
>>     <entity name="BasicCmp2Bean"  
>> class="org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.BasicCmp2Bean_BasicCmp2Bean 
>> ">
>>         <description>BasicCmp2Bean</description>
>>         <attributes>
>>             <id name="id"/>
>>             <basic name="firstName"/>
>>             <basic name="lastName"/>
>>         </attributes>
>>     </entity>
>>
>>
>> The following query does not work:
>>
>>         SELECT o FROM BasicCmp2Bean o WHERE o.lastName = ?1
>>
>> But this one does:
>>
>>         SELECT o FROM BasicCmp2Bean_BasicCmp2Bean o WHERE  
>> o.lastName = ?1
>>
>> When the query fails, I get this message (reformatted a bit with  
>> ** added to important entries):
>>
>> ERROR - The bean instances business method encountered a system  
>> exception: Could not locate metadata for the class using alias  
>> "BasicCmp2Bean". Registered alias mappings: "{
>> AllowedOperationsCmp2Bean_AOBasicCmp2Bean=
>>   [class  
>> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.AllowedOperationsCmp2Bean_AOBasicC 
>> mp2Bean],
>> AllowedOperationsCmpBean=
>>   [class  
>> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.AllowedOperationsCmpBean],
>> ContextLookupCmpBean=
>>   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.ContextLookupCmpBean],
>> Employee=
>>   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp2.Employee],
>> ManyOwningSideBean_ManyOwningSideBean=
>>   [class  
>> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.cmrmapping.ManyOwningSideBean_Many 
>> OwningSideBean],
>> **BasicCmp2Bean_BasicCmp2Bean=
>>   [class  
>> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.BasicCmp2Bean_BasicCmp2Bean],
>> EncCmpBean=
>>   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.EncCmpBean],
>> BBean_OneToOneB=
>>   [class  
>> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.onetoone.BBean_OneToOneB],
>> OneOwningSideBean_OneOwningSideBean=
>>   [class  
>> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.cmrmapping.OneOwningSideBean_OneOw 
>> ningSideBean],
>> ABean_OneToOneA=
>>   [class  
>> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.onetoone.ABean_OneToOneA],
>> **BasicCmp2Bean=null,
>> RmiIiopCmpBean=
>>   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.RmiIiopCmpBean],
>> ABean_OneToManyA=
>>   [class  
>> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.onetomany.ABean_OneToManyA],
>> OneInverseSideBean_OneInverseSideBean=
>>   [class  
>> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.cmrmapping.OneInverseSideBean_OneI 
>> nverseSideBean],
>> BBean_OneToManyB=
>>   [class  
>> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.onetomany.BBean_OneToManyB],
>> RmiIiopCmp2Bean_Cmp2_RMI_IIOP_Bean=
>>   [class  
>> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.RmiIiopCmp2Bean_Cmp2_RMI_IIOP_Bean 
>> ],
>> EncCmp2Bean_EncCmp2Bean=
>>   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.EncCmp2Bean_EncCmp2Bean],
>> BasicCmpBean=
>>   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.BasicCmpBean]}"
>>
>>
>> I kind of remember Patrick fixing a bug like this but I couldn't  
>> find the email.
>>
>> -dain
>


Mime
View raw message