openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Unknown primary key
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:55:25 GMT
Does JPA or OpenJPA have support for what is called unknown primary
key in the EJB CMP 2.0 spec.  An unknown primary key is the pk of an
entity bean that does not have a field (or abstract getter/setter)
for a primary key.  Instead the framework adds a virtual field to the
bean that contains the primary key.  The bean can get access to the
primary key instance calling "Object EntityContext.getPrimaryKey()".
Typically, the unknown primary key is implemented using database
identity and a java.lang.Long.

I can add a real field to the class via byte code transformation for
CMP1 entity beans, but would perfer not to.  For CMP2, I'm already
generating a subclass so I already have a place to put the field.

Thanks,

-dain