openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange, intermittent problem running the new models.company tests
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:53:44 GMT
Marc,
I just moved up to SR4 of the IBM JDK and, so far (cross your fingers), have
not been able to reproduce the problem.  I know that problems like this
always seem to crop up again at the most inopportune time, but I'm happy now
with SR4.  Thus, no rush (or need?) to change the data-seeding logic in your
testcases.

Thanks,
Kevin

> I expect this is just a glitch with the XMLDecoder (which I do
> suspect is a bug with the JVM you are using) that I use to setup the
> test cases and seed instances of the model. It can easily be swapped
> out by just hard-coding the data-seeding logic into the test case,
> which I've been meaning to do since you reported the problem, but
> just haven't had time yet.
>
> I'll try to get it done today...
>

> On Feb 15, 2007, at 9:29 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:
>
> > I am still experiencing the same problem.  Am I the only one having
> > problems
> > building and executing the tests?
> >
> > I have a workaround that hasn't failed me yet...  I separate the
> > building
> > from the testing.
> >
> > From the top-level openjpa directory...
> >
> >> mvn clean && mvn install -Dtest=false
> >> mvn test
> >
> > But, more often than not, if I don't include the "-Dtest=false"
> > stanza, the
> > tests will fail as described earlier in this thread.
> >
> > If nobody else is experiencing this, maybe it's a JDK thing again.
> > I could
> > try to reproduce with the Sun JDK.  Any other thoughts?
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > On 2/12/07, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> That clarification works for me...  ;-)

> >> allow
> >> one of
> >> entity

> >> think

> >> for

> >> not be
> >> packages are

> >> class must
> >> of the

> >> <unbound>=Class.create
Source)
> >> (ObjectHandler.java:148)
> >> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement
> >> org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement

> >> you hate

> >> following...

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.TestProp
> >> 0.0.0
> >> dictionary
> >> appropriate
Derby
> [...]
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Product"

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Company"
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Address"
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Employee
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Person".
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.FullTime
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.LineItem
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.ProductO
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Customer
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.PartTime
> >> "PRP_ProductOrder_PRP_LineItem".
> >> sequence
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Company"
> >> package "
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Company"
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Address"
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Employee
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Person".

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Product"
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.FullTime
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.ProductO
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Customer
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.LineItem
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.PartTime
> >> elapsed:
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.TestProp
> >> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.checkM
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.setUp(
> >> 125)
> >> (TestResult.java:
> >> (TestResult.java:
> >> (TestSuite.java:208)
> >> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute(
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTes
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(
> >> (Surefire.java:
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(
> >> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(
> >> <unbound>=Class.create
Source)
> >> (ObjectHandler.java
> >> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement
> >> org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElemen
> >> > >> >>
> >> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument
> >> (Unknown
> >> (Unknown
> >> 220)
> >> > >> >>

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.checkM

SVN, I am
I am
> >> getting

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.TestPro
> >> OpenJPA 0.0.0
> >> now
Using
> >> dictionary
10.2.2.0 -
> >> classes
Parsing
> >> class "
> >> > >> >>> >

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.LineIte
> >> (Class);
> >> (Class);
> >> (Class);
> >> (Class);
> >> repeats>
0, Time
> >> elapsed:
> >> > >> >>> >

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.TestPro
> >> was:<0>
> >> (Assert.java:282)
> >> (Assert.java:64)
> >> (Assert.java:201)
> >> (Assert.java:207)
> >> > >> >>> >

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.verif
> >> > >> >>> >

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.check
> >> > >> >>> >

> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.setUp
> >> (TestCase.java:125)
> >> (TestResult.java
> >> (TestResult.java:109)
> >> (TestSuite.java:208)
> >> 203)
> >> (Native
> >> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute(
> >> > >> >>> >

> >> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTe
> >> > >> >>> >

> >> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute (
> >> (Surefire.java:
> >> (Native
> >> 615)
> >> > >> >>> >

> >> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(
> >> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(

> >> down
install) and let it
> >> Eclipse).

test" from the