openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange, intermittent problem running the new models.company tests
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:29:37 GMT
I am still experiencing the same problem.  Am I the only one having problems
building and executing the tests?

I have a workaround that hasn't failed me yet...  I separate the building
from the testing.

>From the top-level openjpa directory...

> mvn clean && mvn install -Dtest=false
> mvn test

But, more often than not, if I don't include the "-Dtest=false" stanza, the
tests will fail as described earlier in this thread.

If nobody else is experiencing this, maybe it's a JDK thing again.  I could
try to reproduce with the Sun JDK.  Any other thoughts?

Kevin

On 2/12/07, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:

> That clarification works for me...  ;-)
>
> On 2/12/07, Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprudhom@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Kevin-
> >
> > It could, but it would just be a spec compliance. OpenJPA does allow
> > you to have final classes. The spec just prohibits it because one of
> > the ways to implement support for property access is to dynamically
> > generate a subclass to the entity (which isn't possible if the entity
> > is final).
> >

> > On Feb 12, 2007, at 4:33 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:
> >
> > > Marc (and others),
> > > Shouldn't OpenJPA be detecting these final classes and issuing an
> > > error
> > > message?
> > >
> > > Kevin

Source)