openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange, intermittent problem running the new models.company tests
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 02:21:24 GMT
Hi,
After synching up with the latest changes in SVN, I am hitting an
intermittent problem while running the new tests in
openjpa-persistence-jdbc.  Every once in a while, I am getting hundreds of
messsages like the following:

Running
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.TestPropertyCompanyModel
0  test  INFO   [main] openjpa.Runtime - Starting OpenJPA 0.0.0
0  test  INFO   [main] openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - OpenJPA will now connect to the
database to attempt to determine what type of database dictionary to use.
To prevent this connection in the future, set your
openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionaryconfiguration property to the appropriate
value for your database (see the
documentation foravailable values).
10  test  INFO   [main] openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class "
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary" (Apache Derby 10.2.2.0 -
(485682) ,Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver 10.2.2.0 - (485682)).
20  test  INFO   [main] openjpa.MetaData - Found 10 classes with metadata in
0 milliseconds.
:
:
4046  test  INFO   [main] openjpa.MetaData - Parsing class "
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.LineItem".
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: <unbound>=Class.create(Class);
Continuing ...
java.lang.NullPointerException: target should not be null
Continuing ...
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: <unbound>=Class.create(Class);
Continuing ...
java.lang.NullPointerException: target should not be null
Continuing ...
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: <unbound>=Class.create(Class);
Continuing ...
java.lang.NullPointerException: target should not be null
Continuing ...
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: <unbound>=Class.create(Class);
Continuing ...
java.lang.NullPointerException: target should not be null
Continuing ...
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: <unbound>=Class.create(Class);
Continuing ...
:
:   <these type of messages continue -- several dozen repeats>
:
Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.346 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testBasicQueries(
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.TestPropertyCompanyModel)
Time elapsed: 4.336 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<2> but was:<0>
        at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:282)
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:201)
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:207)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.verifyModel(
CompanyModelTest.java:211)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.checkModel(
CompanyModelTest.java:195)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.setUp(
CompanyModelTest.java:66)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute(
JUnitTestSet.java:210)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(
AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:135)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(
AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:122)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:129)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(
SurefireBooter.java:225)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(
SurefireBooter.java:747)

They seem to most often happen when I do a complete top-down build from the
openjpa directory (mvn clean && mvn install) and let it traverse the
sub-projects.  This is from the command line (not Eclipse).

I can immediately turn around and do a "mvn test" from the openjpa directory
and everything tests out just fine.

Any ideas on what is causing these type of errors?  I don't see anywhere in
our code where we are producing these type of messages.  I'm not sure if
it's related to one of our dependencies (serp?), or maybe it's another IBM
JDK anomaly (haven't been able to reproduce with Sun yet, but it is an
intermittent problem).

Thanks,
Kevin