openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Another neat JIRA feature...
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:10:57 GMT
I'm still fairly new to JIRA.  Maybe others on this mailing list are as
well, so here's a neat trick that I just discovered...

Sub-tasks for JIRA reports.  I recently opened OPENJPA-133 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-133).  While experimenting
with this problem, I found another problem with our processing of callback
methods.  Instead of just opening a new JIRA report, I saw the option of
creating a Sub-task.  This turned out to be quite nice.

All the fields are similar to a standard JIRA report.  But, JIRA
automatically links the two Issues together and the navigation between the
main task and the sub task is integrated into the Issues.  The new sub-task
looks like an ordinay issue (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-137), and will eventually get
processed like an ordinary issue.

Nice feature.