openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject WebSphere and transaction managers
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:38:27 GMT
Hi,

It looks like the new WebSphere transaction manager lookup code is
missing some functionality available elsewhere.

See OPENJPA-149 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-149) and
OPENJPA-153 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-153) for
details.

The key problems are:

OPENJPA-149: the WASManagedRuntime class throws exceptions on some
methods, preventing OpenJPA from being able to suspend transactions

OPENJPA-153: even when specifying a non-JTA data source, the data source
returned does not allow commits. It does seem like the behavior of the
data source is at least a bit different than the JTA data source, since
OpenJPA is able to call setAutoCommit().

These seem like usability issues with WAS. I'm hoping that someone with
more WAS knowledge than me can resolve the issues easily. Any takers?

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.