openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Mutdosch <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: possible to write a JPA Query to that filters both an Entity and its relationship entities?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:23:38 GMT
True.  In this case, I guess I'd rather lean towards the side of "best
practice".  It sounds like in your estimation (and I see there are tons
of discussions about this after doing a quick search) that would be to
keep this separated into another type of wrapper object and keep my
Entities pure.  That sounds reasonable.

I don't come from a Hibernate background, but is this (using separate
DTOs) the common practice to handle the scenario where your view differs
from your entity model?
Thanks,
Tom