openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Don Brady <dbr...@pobox.com>
Subject Cache with two ConnectionFactories?
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 00:58:59 GMT
I could not figure this out in reading the OpenJPA documentation.

We have just the one database and set of tables, but we need to have two
separate Connection Pools to the same database in order to have two
different userid's.

(We want to set the priorities on the database differently for access by
the two different usernames).

One is to be used for updates and short queries, and the other for
queries expected to give large result sets.

In these circumstances, is it possible to use the Data Cache and the
Query Cache?

I am worried that if a new entity / data row is created in the Data
Cache under one userid/pool/connectionFactory, it will not show up in
the Query Cache for the other userid/pool/connectionFactory if a query
is done.

Thanks and if this is off-topic please let me know.

Maybe the thing to do would be to have a cache enabled for the
userid/pool/connectionFactory used for short queries and updates, but no
cache for the userid/pool/connectionFactory?

Don