openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using OpenJPA within an "old" J2EE1.4 container with managed transactions?
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 20:19:11 GMT
Hans-

We might not have Jonas' TransactionManager location configured in
the automatic TM lookup in OpenJPA. Can you try to manually specify
it with the following property:

    openjpa.ManagedRuntime: jndi(TransactionManagerName=java:comp/
UserTransaction)

if that doesn't work, try:

    openjpa.ManagedRuntime: jndi(TransactionManagerName=/
UserTransaction)

(apparently, Jonas' UserTransaction implementation is also their
TransactionManager implementation)

If that doesn't work, can you post the complete stack trace?

If it does work, please let us know so we can add it to the list of
auto-discovered transaction managers.