openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Hans Prueller" <hans.pruel...@gmx.net>
Subject Howto integrate JPA within EJB2.1 session beans? [architecture]
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:02:11 GMT
Hi together,

I'm sorry for bothering you with numerous basic questions regarding OpenJPA and its usage
but I have to migrate existing CMP EJBs to migrate within short time to OpenJPA as we're having
stability issues with the current CMP engine.

One last question I'd like to ask is regarding the recommended architecture of using OpenJPA
within EJB2.1 Stateless sessino beans:

I need to work with persistence i.e. the EntityManager throughout all the session beans methods
so my idea is to:

- create a EntityManagerFactory in the ejbCreate() method of the SLSB
- and also create the EntityManager itself in the ejbCreeate() method and store it as a member
variable of the SLSB
- this would allow easy access within the SB's methods by just using the already initialized
entity manager varialbe em.createNamedQuery() .. etc. etc.
- clean up should be performed in the ejbRemove() method of the SLSB

I think doing so will allow migratino to openJPA with less work than doing the whole lookup
procedure in every method separately.

what do you think? are there any pitfalls i've overlooked?

thank you for your ideas!

regards
Hans
Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/promail-out