openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange, intermittent problem running the new models.company tests
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:55:52 GMT
Kevin-

OK, glad it is working so far. Let me know if you see the problem again.

The companies.xml format is nice, since it will make it easier to add
more test data for the models tests in the future, so it'd be nice if
we could continue to use it.

On Feb 15, 2007, at 11:53 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:

> Marc,
> I just moved up to SR4 of the IBM JDK and, so far (cross your
> fingers), have
> not been able to reproduce the problem.  I know that problems like
> this
> always seem to crop up again at the most inopportune time, but I'm
> happy now
> with SR4.  Thus, no rush (or need?) to change the data-seeding
> logic in your
> testcases.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> On 2/15/07, Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprudhom@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> I expect this is just a glitch with the XMLDecoder (which I do
>> suspect is a bug with the JVM you are using) that I use to setup the
>> test cases and seed instances of the model. It can easily be swapped
>> out by just hard-coding the data-seeding logic into the test case,
>> which I've been meaning to do since you reported the problem, but
>> just haven't had time yet.
>>
>> I'll try to get it done today...
>>

>> On Feb 15, 2007, at 9:29 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:
>>
>> > I am still experiencing the same problem.  Am I the only one having
>> > problems
>> > building and executing the tests?
>> >
>> > I have a workaround that hasn't failed me yet...  I separate the
>> > building
>> > from the testing.
>> >
>> > From the top-level openjpa directory...

>> > But, more often than not, if I don't include the "-Dtest=false"
>> > stanza, the
>> > tests will fail as described earlier in this thread.
>> >
>> > If nobody else is experiencing this, maybe it's a JDK thing again.
>> > I could
>> > try to reproduce with the Sun JDK.  Any other thoughts?
>> >
>> > Kevin

>> dynamically

>> issuing an

Source)

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.TestProp
OpenJPA
>> now

>> dictionary

>> Derby
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Product"

>> package "
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Product"

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Company"
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Address"
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Employee
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Person".
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.FullTime
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.LineItem
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.ProductO
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Customer
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.PartTime

>> table

>> table

>> table

>> table

>> table

>> table

>> table

>> table

>> class "
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Company"
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Company"

>> class "
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Address"

>> class "
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Employee

>> class "
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Person".

>> class "
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Product"

>> class "
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.FullTime

>> class "
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.ProductO

>> class "
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.Customer

>> class "
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.LineItem

>> class "
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.PartTime
Time

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.TestProp
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.checkM
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.setUp(
>> (TestResult.java:109)

>> 203)

>> (Native
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTes
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(

>> (Native

>> 615)
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(
Source)

>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElemen

>> (Unknown
>> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse

>> (Unknown

>> Source)
>> (XMLDecoder.java:
>> >> > >> >>

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.checkM

there is
>> some

>> fails.

in SVN, I am
tests in
a while, I am

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.TestPro
Starting
- OpenJPA will
of database
set your
- Using
>> Derby
- Found 10
- Parsing

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.LineIte
>> null
>> null
>> null
>> null
>> <unbound>=Class.create
-- several dozen
0, Time

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.propertyaccess.TestPro
>> >> > >> >>> >

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.verif
>> >> > >> >>> >

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.check
>> >> > >> >>> >

>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.models.company.CompanyModelTest.setUp

>> 118)
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(

>> (Method.java:615)
>> >> > >> >>> >

>> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTe
>> >> > >> >>> >

>> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute (
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
(Method.java:

>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(

a complete
>> top-
mvn install) and let it
line (not