openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Hans J. Prueller" <hans.pruel...@gmx.net>
Subject AW: AW: Using @GeneratedValue for IDs on already existing tables
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:00:35 GMT
thanks for this link but this section only describes the different
algorithms that are provided to get the generated value - it does
not mention the case what happens if we try to save a new persistent
entity with a generated PK value that already exists in the DB?

I can remember a legacy persistence framework that was able to retry
the insert statement with a "second-try generated PK" just for the case
the currently generated one has already been inserted by another process.

does nobody else have a similar requirement?

hans