openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Hans J. Prueller" <>
Subject configurable db-schema-owner problem!
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:58:48 GMT
hi together,

I am evaluating JPA(OpenJPA) for one of our customers. The usage scenarios
have a very special

problem of which I do not know if there is a clear solution by using JPA:

The customers Oracle databases have very restricted access privileges:

==>     the testing and development  schemas/databases allow access to the
schema owner (i.e. user) e.g. "USRT"

==>     the production schemas/databases only allow access to the schema
owner e.g. "USRP"

this means that during development all queries have to specify the usrt
owner, e.g.

select col1,col2,col3 from USRTEST.TBL_NAME where cond1=cond2 .

all of the statements have to be changed when being deployed to the
production system to:

select col1,col2,col3 from USRPROD.TBL_NAME where cond1=cond2 .

Currently I am implementing iBatis-based solutions where I configured a
global parameter ${owner} in a ""
file which is loaded in sql-map-config.xml at initialization time of the
iBatis SQLMaps Engine. In all queries throughout the project

I use the ${owner} variable -> so I just need to change the centralized
property value when deploying the system to the production

Is there any similar approach which will solve this issue when working with

virtually hanzz...

 <> (personal)