openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration: either / or ?
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 00:05:53 GMT
I'm still having the same problem (it can't find my ConnectionDriverName
property). Now my code looks like:

        HashMap propMap = new HashMap();
        propMap.put("openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary", "
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary");
        propMap.put("openjpa.ManagedRuntime", TxMgrProvider.class.getName
());
        propMap.put("openjpa.ConnectionDriverName",
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.class.getName());
        propMap.put("javax.persistence.nonJtaDataSource", _datasource);
        propMap.put("openjpa.Log", "DefaultLevel=TRACE");
        EntityManagerFactory emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory
("ode-dao");
        EntityManager em = emf.createEntityManager(propMap);

As you can see everything is a string exception
javax.persistence.nonJtaDataSource. I even tried to comment out this
property to only have string properties and I still got the same error.

I have 2 questions thought:

   1. If the loading of one property fails, no property gets loaded?
   2. I keep on looking at the code in
EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager. The error appears on the call
to _factory.newBroker and it seems to me that nothing much is done with the
provided Map before that. When does the Map gets used exactly?

Thanks a lot for your help!