openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration: either / or ?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 22:18:15 GMT
But if I don't provide openjpa.ConnectionDriverName the call to
createEntityManager fails with an exception saying that ConnectionDriverName
should be provided (coming from DataSourceFactory):

<4|true|0.9.6-incubating-SNAPSHOT>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: A JDBC Driver or
DataSource class name must be specified in the ConnectionDriverName
property.
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.DataSourceFactory.newDataSource(
DataSourceFactory.java:67)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.createConnectionFactory(
JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:797)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.getDBDictionaryInstance(
JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:563)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.endConfiguration(
MappingRepository.java:1167)
        at org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.configureInstance(
Configurations.java:355)
        at org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.configureInstance(
Configurations.java:280)
        at org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.PluginValue.instantiate(
PluginValue.java:99)
        at org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.ObjectValue.instantiate(
ObjectValue.java:70)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.newMetaDataRepositoryInstance
(OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.java:834)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.getMetaDataRepositoryInstance
(OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.java:829)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.makeReadOnly(
AbstractBrokerFactory.java:526)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.newBroker(
AbstractBrokerFactory.java:147)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingBrokerFactory.newBroker(
DelegatingBrokerFactory.java:139)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(
EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:187)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(
EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:52)
        at org.apache.ode.axis2.ODEServerJPA.initJPA(ODEServerJPA.java:344)