openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuration: either / or ?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:23:31 GMT
Hi all,

I've been fighting for some time now with my OpenJPA configuration and just
discovered why. It seems that you *either* consider the persistence.xml file
*or* the map passed as parameter of Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory.
If you look at PersistenceProductDerivation.load(String rsrc, String name,
Map m) (line 151), if the configuration provider can find a configuration
file then the configuration is returned as is and the provided configuration
Map doesn't even gets considered.

My expectations would have been to have both the xml file and the map being
used. One or the other can prevail if a property is defined twice but I
think the map shouldn't be plainly ignored when provided.

What do you think? Would that be a bug or is it the desired behavior?

Thanks!

Matthieu