openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "William Cai" <w...@xwarelabs.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to extend SchemaTool with MS SQL Server collation setting?
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:39:40 GMT
Marc,
In SQL Server, we specify Collation with below code. Therefore, we can't set
the option in "type-name". In our project, there are hundreds of columns
need case-sensitive collation support. It's really painful to set all of
them in generated script. The best solution is custom SQLServerDictionary.
I'll try it. Perhaps we need improve SQLServerDictionary at a point. :-)
Thanks a lot for your help.

CREATE TABLE MyTable
  (PrimaryKey   int PRIMARY KEY,
   CharCol      varchar(10) COLLATE French_CI_AS NOT NULL
  )
GO