openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Perform automatic drop and create db schema
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:44:58 GMT
> Shay-
>
> Unfortunately, we don't have any automatic drop-table feature, but I
> agree it would be handy (you might want to make a JIRA report with
> the suggestion).
>
> The only other recourse, I think, would be to just manually delete
> the database files before running your tests.

support for easy integration testing is one area where i think many
JDO implementations could really improve

it's vital to start with a known database state and clean up after
each integration test. this isn't as easy as it should be when you
have a complex object-relational mapper with extensive caching. a set
of side doors for integration testing would really help productivity.

- robert