openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Perform automatic drop and create db schema
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:52:55 GMT
Robert-

I completely agree. We usually just build all the tables once and
then just try to make sure all the objects are deleted at the end of
the test, but you are correct that this is sometimes more cumbersome
than it could be. An easy drop-then-create option would simplify
this, although some databases can be notoriously slow with schema
interrogation and manipulation that doing it for each test might wind
up being prohibitively slow.