openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Perform automatic drop and create db schema
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:43:10 GMT

The problem with that is that if there are restrictive foreign keys,
it can be a little more complicated than just running through each of
the tables and deleting each one (and unfortunately, SQL strangely
doesn't allow multiple tables in delete clauses, a la "delete from
table1, table2").

It's still probably faster than dropping the table and re-creating
it, though.