openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to unit test the Enhancer?
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:47:52 GMT
Hi Rahul,

On Jan 22, 2007, at 2:10 PM, Rahul Thakur wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Thanks for the pointer, I think something might be better than
> nothing - I will use this approach to test the Enhancer!
>
> When you say 'majority Kodo test suite has not yet made it into
> OpenJPA' - do you mean that this is scheduled to happen sometime?
>
> If not, are there plans to put together such tests into OpenJPA
> itself?

OpenJPA is, like most Apache projects, a do-ocracy. If you have an
itch, you are encouraged to scratch it.

I'm just guessing here, but it's likely that a test suite that is
used for Kodo and not already contributed to OpenJPA has significant
resource constraints to make it suitable for OpenJPA.

If this is important for you, you will need to take the initiative to
propose a solution that you can implement.

The process for proposing a new feature would be to discuss it on
this alias (done) and then once there is concurrence that such a
feature would be useful (done), create a JIRA issue to track it. The
JIRA would then contain the further discussion on how to implement
the feature.

Regards,

Craig

> Thanks,
> Rahul
>

> Patrick Linskey wrote:
>> You could also just test that the class implements
>> org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PersistenceCapable. Such a check
>> assumes that
>> the OpenJPA enhancement is happening correctly under the covers, but
>> should be a good first approximation at least.
>>
>> FTR, yes, there are tests for this stuff. Sadly, the majority of the
>> Kodo test suite has not yet made it into OpenJPA.
>>
>> -Patrick

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!