openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using query hints for mapping extensions in orm.xml
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:30:55 GMT
Thank you, Albert, for your experimentation.  The updated schema definition
(openjpa_orm_1_0.xsd) and the example openjpa_orm.xml seems to be what we
are looking for.  I guess the only concern is whether we can count on other
JPA implementations to ignore this extra schema definition and just rely on
the standard orm.xsd.

Question:  Even if other JPA providers are smart enough to ignore our
specialized schema and use the standard JPA schema, what happens to our
extension elements?  Do they get ignored as well?  Or, will the verification
step still trip over these new/updated elements?

Thanks again,
Kevin