openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it possible to extend SchemaTool with MS SQL Server collation setting?
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:06:32 GMT
William-

I don't know how you specify collation, but if it is expressible via
the column type name, you could always set the "type-name" of the
column in the schema file (e.g., setting the type-name to be "VARCHAR
WITH ASCII COLLATION").

If it needs to be specific in the "CREATE TABLE" part, then the
schematool doesn't have any built-in way to alter that. However, you
can always make a custom subclass of the SQLServerDictionary and
override the "public String[] getCreateTableSQL(Table table)" method,
and make it do whatever you want.

Lastly, you could always use the default SQL generated by the
schematool, and then just follow up with some custom SQL that issues
"ALTER TABLE" statements that change whatever attributes of the
tables you want.