openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Shay Banon <kim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Perform automatic drop and create db schema
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:56:37 GMT

The way I usually do things is by starting a transaction, and simply rolling
it back when my test finishes (if it wasn't committed/rolled back during the
test method). This usually supports 90% of an application integration tests
needs. In my case, I have simple tests, I am running them against an in
memory HSQL, and the costs are very small. I need this feature since I also
test the transaction integration, and it requires more complex scenario then
the test scenario I described in the beginning. I don't want to "corrupt" my
code with Jdbc code that could be avoided.

As developers of tools/libraries/frameworks, we need to give the developers
all the options, and educate them regarding the benefits/drawbacks of using
each one. I am glad for the response in this thread! I have been burned by
other libraries that are pretty nasty in their responses (but I won't name
names :) ).