openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Ritika Maheshwari" <ritikams...@gmail.com>
Subject openjpa logging
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:01:52 GMT
I am running a Query "select d.breed from Dog d " .This query gives an
argument exception because Dog does not have a field called breed.Now there
is no way I can make openjpa log this exception.The only way I can see this
exception is by having  a try and catch block in my code and catching and
printing out the exception myself.

No matter what DefaultLevel of openjpa.Log was:WARN,FATAL,TRACE,INFO. The
Argument exception was not logged.

I also tried the various logging channels I made RUNTIME=TRACE,
RUNTIME=FATAL,QUERY=TRACE etc.But even using different logging channels did
not help in logging the exception.

I am not sure if the support for these different Logging Channels is
actually there in openjpa, because if you look at the
org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DataSourceLogs.java you see only 2 types of logs
jdbc and sql.

In another application I was running I had a sql Exception
(DuplicateKeys).Now there was no way in which I could make openjpa log this
sql exception either.

So my question is that is there currently any way to log these Argument
Exceptions and sql Exceptions in openjpa.