openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors setting up openjpa projects in Eclipse
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:39:35 GMT
On 1/6/07, Igor Fedorenko <igorfie@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How do you "generate" Eclipse projects? "mvn eclipse:eclipse" from
> OpenJPA source root almost ;-) works for me. I manually fix
> openjpa-kernel/target/generated-sources source path after importing
> projects, but everything else seems to be handled properly.

This works for me. The only other thing you need to do is define a M2_REPO
classpath variable which points to your maven 2 repository.

Rahul Thakur wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am just starting out with OpenJPA and tried generating and importing
> > projects in an Eclipse workspace but I get to see the following errors
> > for all the imported modules.
> >
> > [snip - as copied from Problems view]
> >
> > Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation Time Id
> > Cannot nest output folder 'openjpa-examples/target/classes/META-INF'
> > inside output folder 'openjpa-examples/target/classes'  openjpa-examples
> > Build path 1168072979859 63185

It looks like you have openjpa-examples/target/classes/ specified as a
source folder, and openjpa-examples/target/classes/META-INF specified as the
output folder.

Try using these

Source Folders :
    openjpa-examples/src/main/java
    openjpa-examples/src/test/java

Output Folder :
    openjpa-examples/target/classes

This is what maven should set up when you run mvn eclipse:eclipse.

> [/snip]
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Rahul
> >

> --