openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Pinaki Poddar" <ppod...@bea.com>
Subject RE: has @SqlResultSetMapping been tested
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:17:56 GMT
Simple things (as below) work with 0.9.7 OpenJPA

    public void testSQLQuery() {
        EntityManager em = getEM();
        em.getTransaction().begin();
        Person original = new Person();
        original.setFirst("OpenJPA");
        em.persist(original);
        em.getTransaction().commit();

        String sql = "SELECT ID,AGE,FIRST,LAST FROM XYZ WHERE
ID="+original.getId();
        Query query = em.createNativeQuery(sql, "SQLMapping");
        Person result = (Person)query.getSingleResult();
        assertNotNull(result);
        assertEquals(original.getFirst(), result.getFirst());

    }

where in Person.java
@SqlResultSetMapping(name="SQLMapping",
entities=@EntityResult(entityClass=Person.class))

Your test surely is more complex than the above. Can you send us an
isolated example test, persistence.xml and failure stack trace?

Pinaki Poddar
BEA Systems
415.402.7317