openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting all the ClassMetaDatas
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 00:18:45 GMT
Shay-

Have you already obtained an EM from the EMF before you make this
call? If you try to get the metadatas after calling
emf.getEntityManager(), do you still see an empty list?

Also, note that unless you enumerate the classes in your
persistence.xml file (in the <class> elements), the only way the
system will be able to know about your classes before they are lazily
evaluated is if you enable one of the scanning features (e.g., but
packaging all your classes in a jar and specifying the <jar-file>
element in the persistence.xml, which will be automatically scanned
for persistent classes).

You might want to enable verbose logging and watch the make sure the
class metadatas are registered before you try to get the list from
the repository.