openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Noll <bwn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using _attributes
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:57:31 GMT
I don't feel pre-fixing with '_' for member level attributes is really
necessary, particularly if you're using an IDE.  I can see how it would
help someone using only vi or emacs recognize what was what, but with
the color code and hotkeys and quick-clicking available in IDE's, it
just doesn't seem necessary.

Plus, Eclipse does the same thing you're describing in terms of
getter/setter generation.  For instance...

    private String _blah; // the following accessors were generated.

    public String get_blah() {
        return _blah;
    }

    public void set_blah(String _blah) {
        this._blah = _blah;
    }

I don't know whether IntelliJ figures this out or no.