openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Thakur" <rahul.thakur.x...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to unit test the Enhancer?
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 05:03:38 GMT
Hi Craig,

[snip]
>> If not, are there plans to put together such tests into OpenJPA
>> itself?
>
> OpenJPA is, like most Apache projects, a do-ocracy. If you have an
> itch, you are encouraged to scratch it.

Yep, totally agree there and I would love to 'scratch' this 'itch' as
well, but right now I am scratching many ;-). My intent was to see if
there was something I could readily use (like the resources pointed out
by yourself) or if it something was expected soon that would address
this (Patrick's other email covered that aspect).

> I'm just guessing here, but it's likely that a test suite that is
> used for Kodo and not already contributed to OpenJPA has significant
> resource constraints to make it suitable for OpenJPA.
>
> If this is important for you, you will need to take the initiative to
> propose a solution that you can implement.

I would like to get the testing set up at this stage when I don't have
too much code (openjpa maven plugin and an ORM generator module that I
want to use in Continuum) - so yes, I'd say this is important. Though I
am not sure how much time and effort I would be able to commit to it if
I picked it up.

> The process for proposing a new feature would be to discuss it on
> this alias (done) and then once there is concurrence that such a
> feature would be useful (done), create a JIRA issue to track it. The
> JIRA would then contain the further discussion on how to implement
> the feature.

Done, http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-105

Cheers,

Rahul