openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Derby support?
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2006 01:53:05 GMT
Sorry for the noise.  I was grabbing the wrong connector to another
database and wasn't working.  After I got the actual derby connection
everything started magically working :)

The auto detect stuff in OpenJPA is very cool.

On Dec 8, 2006, at 5:45 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> Dain-
>
> On Dec 8, 2006, at 5:20 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> Does OpenJPA support derby auto generated identity columns?  If
>> so, is there anything special I need to add to get it to work?
>
> It should work automatically. What kind of problems are you having
> with it?

It was trying to insert into the identity column.

>> Also, I noticed that OpenJPA seems to have automatic database type
>> discovery logic, but it doesn't seem to properly identify Derby.
>> Is there logic to detect Derby?  If there is, how does it work,
>> because it doesn't seem to be working in my environment.
>
> Yes, it should automatically detect it (by querying the database
> metadata). What indication do you have that it isn't working?

I was saying unsupported DB.

> If you enable verbose logging (by setting the "openjpa.Log"
> property to "DefaultLevel=TRACE"), what does it say about the
> database being used?

That is good to know.  That would be a good one for the FAQ.

-dain