openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Get primary key from persistent bean
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 02:18:54 GMT
On Dec 11, 2006, at 6:03 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> Hi Dain,
>
> I've never seen an @Entity without an @Id annotation. I don't
> believe it is a valid JPA mapping without an @Id. That said, it's
> not required to be named Id.

I'm not using annotations at all.  Everything is done in the mappings
xml.

> So are you writing a framework or sample code? For a framework, it
> would be nice to be portable. For sample code, who cares?

I'm doing both. If I determine that getting the pk from JPA is
necessary for the framework, I'm just add another method to my non-
portable jpa wrapper :)

BTW another thing that JPA needs is an equivalent of the OpenJPA
LifecycleListener.  The interceptor stuff doesn't cut it since beans
can override the interception and it is just a PIA to get your
interceptor added to ever bean.

-dain