openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JTA 1.1 has been published
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:17:58 GMT
Hi David,

Just one question. What was the rationale for the name of the branch
for JTA
.../geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-jta_1.1_spec-1.0

Why not
.../geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-jta-spec-1.1

The spec is version 1.1. What does the 1.0 designation mean? And
without doing the hard work, can you tell me what the artifact name
is? Hopefully something that doesn't include the 1.0 designation...

Thanks,

Craig

On Dec 21, 2006, at 12:19 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2006, at 8:38 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
>
>> When can Geronimo ship an upgrade to JTA 1.1 that we can use and
>> compile with 1.3?
>>
>> These are "goodness" that I think OpenJPA can use.
>>

> Ok, so it's taken me a while to get this done, but I've got our JTA
> 1.1 and JPA specs ready for release and up for vote.
>
> The JPA spec jar had some compliance issues which I fixed:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-scm/200612.mbox/%
> 3c20061221041508.72F661A981A@eris.apache.org%3e
>
> The JTA spec jar was fine.
>
> Assuming those votes pass, I'll publish them both and the JTA jar
> with jdk 1.3 as requested -- ensuring the "goodness" is locked in :)
>
> Also let me formally invite/encourage you all to vote:
>
>   JTA vote: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-dev/
> 200612.mbox/%3cE218ADD2-5B6A-4B35-879F-FAA156ABF4BE@visi.com%3e
>   JPA vote: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-dev/
> 200612.mbox/%3c00EA6A4E-0459-4503-AFD3-0BFC4ACE4372@visi.com%3e