openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Collection (or Map) relationships and null
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:53:17 GMT
When I access a collection (or Map) valued relation field when will
the field value be null and when won't it be null?  In CMP 2, it was
gaurenteed that the field was always non-null, but I'd expect with
OpenJPA that it is at least null form new() to em.persist().

Also, what happens when someone puts a bad value on the Collection
(or Map).  For example, a null in the collection, or an entry in the
map where the pk doesn't match the bean added.

-dain