openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Derby support?
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2006 01:45:24 GMT
Dain-

On Dec 8, 2006, at 5:20 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Does OpenJPA support derby auto generated identity columns?  If so,
> is there anything special I need to add to get it to work?

It should work automatically. What kind of problems are you having
with it?

> Also, I noticed that OpenJPA seems to have automatic database type
> discovery logic, but it doesn't seem to properly identify Derby.
> Is there logic to detect Derby?  If there is, how does it work,
> because it doesn't seem to be working in my environment.

Yes, it should automatically detect it (by querying the database
metadata). What indication do you have that it isn't working?

If you enable verbose logging (by setting the "openjpa.Log" property
to "DefaultLevel=TRACE"), what does it say about the database being
used?