openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject JPQLExpressionBuilder uses wrong classloader
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 01:34:52 GMT
I've been working on a getting JPA runtime enhancement and have run
into a problem where OpenJPA is loading my classes from the wrong
class loader.  When I create a persistence unit info it supplies a
specific class loader for OpenJPA to use when resolving application
classes.  When I execute a query the JPQLExpressionBuilder simply
uses getClass().getClassLoader() to load classes.  In my case this is
the system class loader which contains unenhanced classes and not the
class loader for the persistence unit which has properly enhanced
classes.

It is my understand that OpenJPA should use the class loader obtained
from the PersistenceUnitInfo for all class loading.  Is this correct?

If that is correct, is this a bug in OpenJPA?

-dain