openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Making a release
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2006 20:53:18 GMT
Craig-

The only difference is that we initially branch from the trunk and
perform the updates to the pom.xml files there, and then release
against the branch, correct?

I don't necessarily object to releasing off of a branch, but does it
really save any effort? After all, if release candidate problems
exist (as they have the last couple times I tried to create a
release), then so therefore commit changes to the branch, we'll still
need to perform the additional step of merging the changes in the
branch back into the trunk, right?