openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch or tag?
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:14:14 GMT
Good points, Craig.

Since there is always the possibility of maintaining a branch, we need a tag
to represent the beginning of that branch -- with no changes ever being
committed to the tag.  And, since I don't want to be tied to some particular
naming convention (and I think it would be very confusing), I don't want to
pre-create a branch.

Bottom line, there is a need and desire for both tags and branches.  And, I
agree with Craig, that we don't create the tag until we are sure that a
given branch is released.

Kevin