openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: combining annotations with xml
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 02:39:49 GMT
IIRC, the spec defines that XML definitions override annotations on a
per-attribute property.

Also, sadly, we were not able to create room for vendor extensions in
the orm.xml file. Currently, there is no way to express OpenJPA-specific
annotations via XML; this is certainly a shortcoming that we should look
into addressing one way or another.

However, the more pressing issue that you're running into is that the
OpenJPA annotations are being ignored along with the spec-defined
annotations. We should probably treat OpenJPA annotations differently,
and once we create a means to configure them via XML, use the presence
of OpenJPA attribute configuration data to decide to ignore the
annotations. Could you create a JIRA issue for this?

For the longer term, it's probably worth starting a discussion about how
we should do OpenJPA extension data in XML. I'll start a separate
thread.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey